Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pearls of Wisdom Party: Part II

Earlier this week I shared my granny's birthday party, you can check out Part I for all the decoration details. Now for the yummy part....
We split our buffet between desserts and beverages. I found this adorable beverage dispenser along with an affordable cake stand from Target. I filled apothecary jars with yogurt pretzels and popcorn to keep sweet bites monochromatic. We also enjoyed lemon cake, lemonade, and peach champagne.

I used Recipe Girl's tips to create Snickerdoodle cupcakes. I don't claim to be the most sophisticated of bakers, but this recipe was easy to follow and the cupcakes were delish! I purchased this adorable cupcake stand to display my latest culinary achievement and complete the buffet table from Party City.

I wrapped the jars with white ribbon to match the table. I created pearl napkin rings with pearl beads and elastic string. Another view below...



Along with a centerpiece and accent decorations, the food spread included rib tips and hot link sausages which were complemented by spaghetti and macaroni and cheese. Lighter bites included chips and dips, watermelon and fruit platters.

We used recyclable plates which were surprisingly sturdy and matched the pearl and cream color palette.


The food was great! Perfect for the Fourth of July, but sophisticated enough for a intimate family gathering. Mercedes was pooped after filling up on carrot snacks and two divalicious wardrobe changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment